HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Handjob with vaginal fluid & breast milk as lubricant
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Handjob with vaginal fluid & breast milk as lubricant

I recently visited a sex worker for a sensual Massage, she gave me complete body massage including a handjob. She used moisturizer (I doubt she might have mixed vaginal fluid & her breast milk in it).

Can you pls tell me the risk of acquiring HIV infection? I am very nervous as I am about to get married.

Today I checked with her she confirmed her status as  HIV+ and also she has Crabs STD , I really feeling tense doctor , I have cough from past 4 days(may be becoz of weather change,as many others also coughing), but not having  any itchy feeling as of Crabs STD.

I am really repenting for whatever I have done,can you please assess my risk. It is already 11 days of exposure should I go for DNA HIV test?
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
Welcome to the forum.  I can help.

Hand-genital contact has never been known to transmit HIV, regardless of use of genital fluids as lubricant.  Nobody can say the risk is zero, but if there were such cases, then there would have to be at least a few cases of HIV in people who had not had unprotected sex, shared injection equipment, etc.  There are none; every infected person, when detailed exposures histories are availalbe, has had unprotected sex, overt blood exposure, etc.  Given the billions of episodes of sexual contacts that involve hand-genital contact only, this shows for sure that such transmission either doesn't occur at all or happens with such rarity it can be ignored.

Breast milk is minimally infectious for HIV.  Over 85% of infants nursed by infected mothers do not catch it, despite swallowing several ounces of milk daily for several months.

So even though your massage worker apparently has HIV, you shouldn't be at all worried about this.  If I were in your circumstance, I would not be tested and I would continue unprotected sex with my wife.  If you really need to be tested for reassurance purposes, I would recommend a standard antibody test at 6 weeks, or a duo test (for both HIV antibody and p24 antigen) at 4 weeks.  A DNA test is awfully expensive and really not warranted in a situation like this.  But whatever testing you do, you can expect negative results.

As for your symptoms, cough is not a symptom of early HIV infection.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker