HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Help Me Please

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Help Me Please
Hello

I have a question for you. Yesterday I had some sexual experience with a girl, I'm a male. I was penetrating my fingers in her vagina and got some of her liquid on fingers. I had some cuts on the fingers that were bleeding before on my fingers from biting my nails and some of them were deep. I then pleasured myself with the same hand. Im very worried that if the girl had anything it would of gotten to by body through cuts in the fingers. Is it possible to get something like HIV or I should stop worrying?

Thank you for your time
Welcome back to the forum.

HIV remains very rare in sexually active heterosexual women in the US, so it is statistically very unlikely your partner had HIV. But but even if she did, there was no chance of transmission of the virus. HIV is never transmitted by hand-genital contact.  You shouldn't be all worried, and you do not need testing.

Regards-- HHH, MD
The woman was from Eastern Europe. But thank you for your answer a lot that will make all the bad thought go away.

It would not transmit even I had some cuts  and I then touched my gentile right?
Yes, that's correct. HIV is sexually transmitted ONLY by unprotected penile penetration into another person's vagina, rectum or (rarely) mouth.  Cuts on hands makes no difference.
Thank you doctor!!!!!!
Doctor I'm so sorry to bother you. But just to relax my mind, deceases  can not get through cuts above nails?

And u said that oral sex is unsafe? Because I had a girl who gave me oral sex two weeks ago, should i be worried about getting a problem?
Oral sex is safe.  HIV probably is not transmitted through cuts that are more than a couple hours old.

That will end this thread.  Ignore any other worrisome thoughts that come to mind.  You were not at risk.  Believe it and move on.