HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Help me please

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Help me please

Hello! Doctor please help me to answer a question!! I had sexual experience with a girl, where she was touching herself and then I believe with the same finger was rubbing my meatus on the end of penis, and have me a hand job. I'm worried that her liquid could get  inside by that!! Can you please help me and tell me is this is possible to catch anything this way.

Thank you
Tags: Finger, meatus
We ask clients to ask no more than two questions in a six month period.  This is your third question in two months. I will provide a brief response but there will be limited follow-up.  After this, I request that you not post again until July of 2013.

This question is similar to your earlier questions and suggests a misunderstanding of how HIV is transmitted.  HIV is transmitted in adults only through genital or ano-genital sexual contact or injection of infected material deep into tissues.  It is not transmitted by touching, kissing or masturbation.  The encounter you describe did not put you at risk for any STD, including HIV.

Further, based on your last three questions, it appears that you presume every person you have sex with has HIV and/or other STDs. Please remember, most people, even most commercial sex workers, do not have STDs, including HIV and most exposures to infected partners do not lead to infection. EWH
Thank you doctor for your answer, I will hopefully stop thinking about it now.
Im sorry to bother but, i understood that even there had vaginal liquid on her finger and she put it on meatus, it considered as no risk?
Still no risk. EWH