HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Hiv testing

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Hiv testing

Hi doctor i am a male age 30 live in californiaabout a 4 and a half weeks ago i got very intoxicated and ended up in a bad part of town with a prostitude we had protected oral and with the same condom protected sex. I know that the condom did not brake because four days later i managed to get the condom and filled it with water.  Dont know if it makes a difference 3 weeks later i was diagnosed with yeast infection had full test done at 5 days negative then at 24 days hiv clamydia (chlamydia) ghonorrea and syphilis all negative i also had a 3d generation antibody test at 30 days negative im not sure if she was a drug user or not how confident can i be with this test one last note we had sex for about 20 min. Thankyou do i need more test?
Tags: HIV STD
Welcome to the Forum.  While we do not recommend using any single condom for multiple sex acts because this can increase the risk for breakage, your condom did not break and thus the encounter that you describe can be classified as safe sex with no meaningful risk for HIV or most STDs.  The tests that you have proven that this was the case and that you did not get HIV or other STDs. At this time there is no need for concern and no need for further testing. I would not worry.

I hope this comment is helpful to you. EWH
Thankyou for your fast reply. Today is the last day of the anti fungus treatment do you think its safe to rule out herpes and not get tested. Its been 4 weeks that i havent had sex with my wife im not sure whats going trough her head.
Quick note i was also diagnosed with cyst about two years ago so almost every week i get pimples in my groin area and around my penis the only way that i have been confirming this is because i can see that they are exactly like pimples no clear liquid or nothing.
Nothing you describe suggests herpes, nor does the exposure you describe suggest that you are at risk for HSV.  You should stop worrying and move on. EWH
Thank you doctor, i have a question for you maybe you can help me. I wanted to do an hiv duo test 4th generation i went to an std clinic here and they had not even heard about it. Thats why i had 3d gen test. Im not worried about getting more test done i trust your expertise i just wondered well thankyou again i will resume my life with my wife and fam.
I would suggest you contact the HIV Prevention team at your local health department and inquire aboutt he availabiltiy of Duo tests.  If they are available in your area, they should know.  EWH
Goid morning EWH. I posted last week regarding some test and exposure I did. Well today in the morning I felt some soreness on my right groin as I felt the area I felt a bump not sure if it was a lymph node or a cyst . I am going to get checked up today I stopped putting on the antifungal cream for the yeast infection and I started to get irritated again so I started 2 days ago today its cleared up already but I am going to continue with it all this week. I know that symptom are not a sign of hiv but based on what you said last week that my test proove I didnt get hiv or other std you think I can be 100 % sure and not test due to the lymph node?
I think your response will be the same rite, nothing changes?
No change in my assessment or advice.

This will end this thread.  EWH