HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
I need help about My Risks this is terrible!

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Dear Drs. I am very embarrassed due my behavior i feel terrible about myself, about my life. I posted on the free forum I just got re. I a bisexual male and I always follow strictly the recommendations from Teak, others and the doctors. I been exposed to different massage parlors male and female mostly massage, oral sex (receptive) without ejaculation one time receptive anal with double protection (condoms) one time I was incentive using a condom. Condoms never broke. Also I been rimmed a couple of times by one of these male masagist. I been very consistent with these preventive measures I always ask about HIV status. I been struggling with my bisexuality for while and I want to stop or control this. I have a family to take care and I don’t know why I been doing this. Anxiety is killing. I feel confident about the oral sex based on your post and doctor comments. The information that you provide are extremely useful even many doctors outside they have misconception about HIV transmission and prevention. I have one exposure two months ago with a female CSW in US in FL (which I been several times with her cero risk exposure use condoms) but the last time that I was with her (two months ago) I had some erection problems and she pulled the condom and we unprotected sex. This is killing me I should never do that. She told me that she is clean by sure but now after this all this kind of thinks is coming into my mind. Finally I decided to get tested with Home Access HIV test I just send my results (this is a horrible period of waiting time). I really want to straight up my life. Thank you and appreciate your comments

Welcome to our Forum.  I'll try to help.  First I will congratulate you on your (mostly) commitment to safe sex.  It will protect you but, as you know, condom use is something that you need to do 100% of the time.

That said, the exposure you describe was low risk for HIV.  In general post commercial sex workers (CSWs) do not have HIV and even when they do, most exposures do not lead to infection.  Further in your favor is that this woman told you she did not have HIV and was probably telling you the truth- CSWs tend to take care of themselves and get checked regularly.  Finally, if you were tested 2 months (8 weeks) after your most recent exposure, you can be confident of your results.  HIV tests performed at 8 weeks provide completely reliable results.  

thus to summarize, you can be confident you did not get HIV from your failure to use a condom 2 months ago.

I hope my comments are helpful.  EWH
Dear Dr. Thank you so much for your finest and professional comments. Everything what is discussed in this forum is true. I think my anxiety was killing me. There is no question that my life needs to change for better. My results were negative as you stated. I am confident of this I think I need to move on. Both of you are doing a great job educating the community. Thanks again,
I'm pleased I could help.  Take care.  EWH