HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Immune system and testing
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Immune system and testing

Dr H,

You have been amazing, so thank you.

My test results:

*20 days after exposure PCR DNA test (negative)
*20 days after exposure antibody test confirmed with western blot (negative)
*25 days after exposure CBC (all normal, slightly low esonophils)
*42 days after exposure rapid unigold test (negative)
*42 days after exposure antibody / western blot (negative)
*56 days after exposure / 8 weeks rapid unigold (negative)

I recognize that insertive oral sex is a no risk activity but the conflicting information out there makes me very anxious. additionally I have received negative feedback on the DNA pcr test which also makes it harder for me to accept my test results.

I have had diahrrea / loose stools since 8 days post exposure and that has not really stopped throughout. No fever, moderate sore / tight throat and a rash on my backside for roughly 3 days about 14 days post exposure. Could this be ARS? The diarrea (diarrhea) and low esonophils are making me anxious and it would help to hear that low esonophils and the lagging diahhrea do not make you feel like I could be that one in 20,000. Could low esonophils interfere with my antibodies / immune system? I am asking here vs researching and self diagnosing because that makes me more anxious. All my other blood work was normal...

Do low esonophils indicate a compromised immune system?
How reliable is my eight week rapid antiboddy test?
How often does the eight week negative change?
Does re elongated diahrrea and tight throat concern you with regard to HIV or ARS?

I want to resume sex with my regular partner and have abstained for two months to protect her...

You two are god sent for what you do. I have learned my lesson and want to move on...