HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Many,many hiv testing

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Many,many hiv testing

Hello Doctor

I made test 4 generation and pcr rna qualitatively in the 3 and 4 month of meetings with sex worker but I used anabolic steroids (mix of testosterone and primobolan) for a few weeks.I stopped my steroid cycle 2 weeks before meeting with sex worker.My libido has decreased and the resistance of these steroids.I got tinea of skin,joint pain it takes a longer fifth month.
Results of my tests are true?

Also fell into a big stress,depression,anxiety and drank alcohol every day i had poor nutition
Did not affect my results after 3 months?

Today i made 4th generation test again in the six and a half months and is negative.

I was full of symtomps after a meeting with csw
Heightened temperature,sore tendons,jock itch,rashes,all my teeth hurt
Some of the symtomps i have to this day.

I paused to take steroids two weeks before the meeting witch sex worker
My libido has decreased
The body does not produce testostrone immediately
Depresion,anxiety,bad diet and alcohol cause of bad health ?

Sorry for my english

All my tests
4 th generation 3,6,9,12,14,18 week, 5,5 month, 6,5 month all negative
Pcr rna qualitatively 3 and 4 month not detected

Please help me i do not know what to do

Best regards
Tags: test
Welcome to the forum.

As you were told on the community forum, you have been seriously overtested.  The negative results prove you do not have HIV.  Anabolic steroids have no effect on HIV testing; your results are reliable.

The tests prove your symptoms are due to something other than HIV -- and anyway, the symptoms you are having are not typical for an acute HIV infection.  However, those symptoms are very typical for anxiety, depression, or other psychological disorder.

My strong advice is that you discuss these feelings and your continuing fears of HIV with your primary care doctor.  He or she may recommend appropriate treatment, or may refer you to a mental health professional.  If so, you should accept that advice.  I suggest it in a spirit of compassion, not criticism.

In the meantime, do your best to accept the scientific evidence.  With those test results, it is impossible you have HIV.

Best wishes --  HHH, MD
Thank you for the reply

Due to stress daily drank a lot of alcohol and bad eaten
Did not affect my results after ?

Best regards
There are NO health conditions that have any effect on HIV test reliability.  The only possible exceptions are very advanced illnesses, like end-stage cancer and other life-threatening illnesses -- and even these are theoretical only, with few if any actually known instances in which the test results were wrong.

There is absolutely no information you can think up that would possibly change my opinion or advice, so I won't have any furhter comments.  That will be all for this thread.
I deleted your last comment.  See my replies above, especially "My strong advice is that you discuss these feelings and your continuing fears of HIV with your primary care doctor.  He or she may recommend appropriate treatment, or may refer you to a mental health professional.  If so, you should accept that advice."

If you continue to post comments here, the entire thread will be deleted.
I listened to Your advice and I went to a psychiatrist.
I told him about the use of steroids
Drank alcohol every day,poor diet, stress
He said it was bad for test and i need more tests

I cant sleep now
Your doctor is mistaken, or you misunderstood.  Those things have absolutely no effect on HIV testing.

My previous warning still goes.  One more comment and the thread will disappear.
Thanks Doctor

I did test hiv ag/ab duo in 9 months and is negative.

Of course it was negartive.

Don't have any more HIV tests and don't post anything else on this thread; it's time to move on.