HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Oraquick test

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Oraquick test

Dear Dr,
I want to ask you about oraquick home test
What is my chance of getting false negative after 5 month of last sex event
I'm not sure that I flow the instruction correctly
Could you explain it to me please if it was false negative and do I have to take other test
Regards
Welcome back to the forum.  However, I'm sorry to learn your anxieties about this are persisting.  As we discussed in February, the HIV antibody tests are completely reliable any time more than about 8 weeks after the last exposure.  Your negative results at that time proved you didn't catch HIV.  Your negative Oraquick test at this time (5 months) is further proof.  The home self test with Oraquick is pretty much idiot-proof; the Food and Drug Administration required that before allowing the company to sell the test.  If you followed the instructions, your test result is 100% reliable.

It is time to stop worrying and stop testing.  Do your best to move on.

HHH, MD
Thanks Dr

The problem is that I'm not sure that I follow the instructions in this test I think I drunk water before using the test and these days I have symptoms like white tongue and rash I'm my arms
Are these symptoms could be related to HIV ??

Thanks again
Of course I can't judge whether you did the test correctly -- but as I said, it's pretty much idiot proof and the odds are you did it just fine and the result is valid.  But if you're unsure, I guess you'll just ahve to do it again.

However, it seems that would be another waste of money.  It was already proved you weren't infected as of the time of your previous question last February.  You should go back and read that discussion carefully, including all my replies.  If you have had no new sexual or other potential exposures to HIV since that time, it is obviously impossible you have HIV now; and therefore impossible that your symptoms are caused by HIV.  And white tongue has hundreds of causes, and the vast majority of skin rashes are not caued by HIV.  But if you remain concerned about these symptoms, see a doctor.

In any case, there's nothing more this forum can do for you, so there will be no further comments or discussion.