HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Please Hiv Transmission and wound

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Please Hiv Transmission and wound

Hello Doctor,

Glad I found your site.
I had a sexual relation with an escort, fully protected for masturbation, no penetration and no oral sex except she licked my testicles.
But she was a little bit violent in the game.
She had long nails and cut me on the top of my legs, where the skin is thin and the veins are visible. So there was a little bit blood but it stopped alone. No need to apply a strap. Now i got littles crusts and I think it s going to disappear in a few days
Here are my 3 questions for HIV and Hepatitis :
1.What about possible body secretions from her sel caresses on the hand ?
2.What about possible blood or body secretions from previous men?
3.I shaved earlier the same day my testicles. I had little cuts with minimal bleeding, but I think there was dry at the time of the intercourse. What about it ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Tags: HIV HEPATITIS
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll try to help.  For starters, I should point out that most commercial sex workers do not have HIV or other STDs.  Even if she did however, as I understand it, you did not have penetrative sex with your partner.  If this is correct, then there was no risk from the exposure you have described.  HIV is transmitted in adults only through penetrative sexual activity and injection of infected material deep into tissue.  It is not transmitted through masturbation.  To my knowledge, while some might argue that a scratch from an infected person might transmit infection, I am not aware of any proven cases where this has occurred for HIV, hepatitis, or for other STDs.

As for your specific questions:
No risk-STDs, including HIV are not transmitted through masturbation, even when partners get each other’s' genital secretions on one another.  

Again, no risk.  The HIV virus dies very quickly outside of the body and is not transmitted from person to person through retention of a previous partner's infected secretions.

No, even with small cuts from shaving earlier in the day there is no risk.  These cuts would have sealed up, preventing access of infected material deep into tissue to cause infection.

I hope these comments are helpful. EWH
Sorry I forgot to mention that 3 weeks after this event, my doctor diagnosed me a pharygitis with fever ache one little node under the jaw and one under my arm. At CBC MNI was negative and I had Hyperleukocytosis with a very high count of Neutrophils and a low cont of Lymphocyte under the norm. After days of antibiotics all the symptoms disappeared. Here it is winter time and the doctor told me it was a becterial infection.
erratum :After 3 days of antibiotics all the symptoms disappeared (Amoxicilin and clavulanic acid-Treatment 10days)
Your sore throat does and its treatment does not change my assessment or advice.  EWH