HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Preocupado por el VIH

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Preocupado por el VIH

I had two risk ratios with two different girls, I know the HIV status of the two girls. I describe
my two cases.
The first relationship I had it six weeks ago, at the start of the penetrating act without a condom
As 6 times, not last more than 10 seconds, then remove my penis and I wash with soap and water, then followed
With the act with a condom but it ended there because the whole act. The second relationship with another girl had her three weeks ago, this girl I know of
University of drinks we had and ended up having sex. At the beginning of the penetration without condoms act as
4 times after I put on the condom and the condom penetrating continue for 10 minutes, as he could not ejaculate by the
excess alcohol, after penetrating her with condoms for 10 minutes I remove the condom and penetrated in the term of 3 to 5 minutes
if condom biggest stupidity, my fear is that a week ago, two weeks after my last relationship had a congestion
in the throat for 4 days, and I got a small ansilla yaga in the mouth under the tongue, it never had left me I've seen pictures of canker and looks like a canker sore it is more like a small wound I've been
aching, congestion and I spend alone I keep a cough with phlegm, and even yaga
persists but with less pain and almost went,. I also had only one hour a slight headache the last two days, so far I have experienced these symptoms only.
this situation has me very scared. Doctor want it to be as honest with me I make the following questions:
Believed that these symptoms may be seroconversion?.
What are my real chances to stay free of this situation?.
In the second relationship the fact that he penetrated the girl 4 times and then put the condom, can influence a
Infection and vaginal discharge could be inside my penis and the condom?.
Doctor on the basis of what I detail, do you personally with his extensive knowledge in the subject that I can be, whether or not infected.
I will be very grateful for your answers.
Tags: Preocupado por el VIH
Welcome to our Forum.   I'll try to help.  Before I answer your questions however, I want to urge you to change the way you have sex.  To have intercourse in which you wear a condom only some of the time puts you at risk for all STI's, including HIV.  The one thing you can do which will reduce your risk for HIV the most is to always use condoms, throughout the entire sex act.  

As for the two encounters you describe, your risk for HIV is low.  Most women, even women who have multiple partners or who drink heavily do not have HIV.  Even if one or even both of these women did have HIV, there would still be little risk.  HIV is transmitted through unprotected vaginal intercourse less than once in every 1000-2000 acts of intercourse.  As a result, your risk for HIV , both because the women you were with probably do not have HIV and because the risk is low, your likelihood of having HIV is less than 1 in 5000 and probably far lower.

I will now answer your specific questions:
1.  Believed that these symptoms may be seroconversion?.

No, these symptoms do not suggest seroconversion.

2.  What are my real chances to stay free of this situation?.

See above.   Less than 1 in 5000 and probably far lower

3.  In the second relationship the fact that he penetrated the girl 4 times and then put the condom, can influence a

Having unprotected sex before you put the condom on did put you at risk but the risk for HIV is low. The risk for other STIs, like chlamydia, is far higher.

The only way to be sure that you were not infected is with a blood test for HIV. This can be a DUO test performed 4 weeks after your last sexual encounter or a standard antibody test performed more than 8 weeks afterward.

Also, if you have not already been tested, I suggest you test for much more common infections, like gonorrhea and chlamydia in particular.  

I hope my comments are helpful.  EWH
Doctor thank you very much for your reply, I am in Central America all these probabilities applies to everyone, I have understood that HIV symptoms are not specific, but tell me doctor because they believed that these symptoms I described are not seroconversion?. and because they think my risk is very low 1 in every 5000?. Doctor based on this I can rest easy and not worry more than necessary for me expecting a negative test?.
Yes, the probabilties I have mentioned would apply in Central America.  You can expect a negative test when you test.  EWH
Hello doctor,

I tell you, today I picked up my HIV test 7 weeks after my relationship risk
Elisa was a standard test of antibodies with negative results, my question is:
I can be more relaxed?, And test at 12 weeks without my result change?
Your test at 12 weeks will not change. Please be confident that you did not get HIV form the exposure you described.  You do not need further testing.  EWH
Sorry for the inconvenience.
As I had said I had a negative Elisa seven weeks, not that generation is, but today I woke up with two thrush
The mouth may be that I'm becoming zero
No change in my assessment.  EWH
Sorry for the inconvenience is my last question and thanks for everything, please answer me.
Cold sores are symptoms of acute HIV infection
No, cold sores are not a sign or symptom of recently acquired HIV.  EWH
in primary infection with HIV can get canker sores. contestme please it not already annoying more and thank you
This wil be my final answer. Further questions will be deleted without comment.

This is not a debate. There is no evidence that either cold sores or canker sores are a manifestation of early infection with HIV.

This will end this thread.  EWH