HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Proteced Oral

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Proteced Oral

Hello Doc,

I have posted this question in the non expert forum and have received a reply. Although i do not expect your answer to change i just needed peace of mind by getting it from a doctor. I had been going through marital problems and ended up at a massage parlor. The Asian CSW performed oral on me with a condom on. She also licked and suckled my nipples for about 1 to 2 minutes prior to giving me protected oral to climax. She used her hands to put on and remove the condom.
No other sexual activity took place and aside from the saliva on my nipple area i had no other contact with her body fluid. It has been 3 months since the incident and i am due for a complete medical examination for insurance purposes. Having read the many threads here i know my risks are negligible at best however recently my wife who i am back with developed 4 to 5 small insect bite type red spots on her arms and abdomen area. She had a cold during this time (no fever etc just runny nose and a brief 2 day sore throat with a mild cough). This got me a little worried and thus the post. Just want an evaluation from you as i am a little apprehensive about doing the full medical which will include STD screening. I have had no other sexual contact with anyone since my last medical in Dec last year except with my wife of course.        
Welcome back to the forum.

As you already seem to know, you had an accurate reply on the community forum.  Even without a condom, unprotected oral sex almost never transmits HIV.  With a condom there was absolutely no risk.  Your symptoms are not at all suggestive of HIV. You have a cold or minor allergy, nothing more.

Based on your past questions both on this and the HIV community forum, it is apparent you are abnormally obsessed with HIV despite exposures that could not possibly result in transmission of the virus.  To prevent HIV here is all you ever need to know:  if a bare penis (no condom) does not enter another person's vagina, rectum or (rarely) mouth; and if there is no direct blood exchange, such as by sharing injection equipment, there is no chance of getting HIV.  Follow these guidelines and you need never worry -- and should not need to ask questions on this forum unless and until you have such exposures.

Best regards--  HHH, MD
Thank you doctor. I already knew the answer and did not expect any different.
I guess aside from providing us with an analysis of our risks you and the other doctors on this forum help us keep our sanity and calm our anxiety which is usually driven by guilt and shame particularly when a significant other is at risk from our lapse in judgement. I am a 40 year old business executive and have built a million dollar business from nothing. Keeping calm and rational under stress is something i am used to however this disease or rather the fear of passing it on to loved ones makes the best of us irrational as you have no doubt seen. I cannot thank you and your colleagues enough for the work you do. While a cure for this disease is being worked on all over the world your service is invaluable. Keep it up and thank you once again.