HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
RASH AND SORE THROAT SCARED

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

RASH AND SORE THROAT SCARED

Hi, Dr., I´ve been having sex with a girl of unknown status for over a month now, I´m always checking the condom, and I havent had any breakeage with her but one time the condom did slipped but outside from her and not entirely so i just slipped it back on and continued, the other time i dont really remember but the condom kind rolled in and I slipped it back on again, I´m kind of nervous thinking that maybe i got some vaginal fluid on the condom and when it slipped it got to the head of my penis, also I gave her oral sex.
I dont remember which of the two times i took the codom off and my penis was all wet and i freaked out but i think it was my cum and the lubricant from the condom, anyways, I´ve been having sore throat and a rash appeared in both of my legs like two weeks after the two events that i described, also i started to feel very tired but the tiredness went away,but the sore throat and the rash stayed.

i want to know what do you think about the exposure...
Welcome to the Forum.  I'll try to help.  My sense is reading your description is that your condom did not come completely off in either of the instances and thus there is no risk for HIV.  Similarly, if you performed oral sex on her, there is no risk for HIV, even IF she has HIV which is unlikely.  

As for your symptoms, they do not sound like the ARS. The rash of the ARS is not typically confined just to the legs and the ARS typically involves not only a rash and sore throat but also muscle and joint aches, fever and sometimes diarrhea.  Even if all of those symptoms are present, they are far more likely to be due to the flu than the ARS.

In general, as we've said again and again on this Forum, symptoms are a terrible way to evaluate risk for HIV.  Since you can find the girl, the easiest and simplest way to address your concern is for you and your partner to both go together and get tested.  If her test is negative, there is no way that she could have given you HIV.

I hope this comment is helpful.  EWH
The condom never came off completely
So by the description I gave there was no risk?
Correct, no risk as long as the head of the penis was covered.  EWH