HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Rimming and tongue in anus

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Rimming and tongue in anus

So last night I fooled around with a Escort, long story short I rimmed her anus and even stuck the tip of my tongue in a bit. it looked clean and i did not taste anything bad I rimmed her for about 2 min. Of course she said she gets tesetd but who knows. I do not think that it went in more than id say quarter inch. Do I need to be tested? God im scared. Changes in my life are in place as I know I should not be doing these things
Welcome back to the forum.

Judging by your many posts on this forum, the HIV community forum, and the international HIV prevention forum, you have had inflated (and pretty unrealistic) fears of HIV for a long time.  This question falls in the same category.

Rimming has not been known to result in HIV transmission, and there are theoretical reasons to believe it would be very unlikely.  Further, the chance any particular escort (by which most people mean upscale, expensive commercial sex workers by appointment) has HIV is very low, probably no higher than 1 in 1,000.

For those reasons, I urge you to not worry at all about this event with respect to HIV.  The main infections you risked by unprotected oral-anal contact are garden variety intestinal infections.  See your doctor if in the next couple of weeks you have nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea -- but otherwise you can discount any significant health risks from the event.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD

Regards--  HHH, MD  
Thank you doctor. And i apologize for the excessive posts. I do have a very irrational fear of HIV. I was doing so good in my life abstaning from any form of risky activity. I can only take your advice and try to move on and remember how low i feel so i can never be this way again
Thanks for the thanks.

Safe sex isn't all that complicated!  For sex outside a mutually monogamous relationship, use condoms for vaginal or anal sex, or stick with oral sex or handjobs only.  If you do that, you'll go a lifetime without catching HIV.  Don't worry about any other kinds of exposures.