HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Risk Assessment for STD/HIV
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Risk Assessment for STD/HIV

Hello,
Recently I received a "sensual" full body massage. It was strange because usually the masseuse (female) is topless.  In this case she was fully nude.  She gave me a complete massage including performing the following:
1) Laid on top of me nude
2) Put her face near my scrotum and blew air and licked scrotum lightly (did not ever lick penis shaft)
3)Sat naked on my stomach and gave me a hand job ( I did not observe any fluid from her on me or near my penis)

In reading many of the posts, I've seen where Dr. Handsfield or Hook would seem to say the risk of STD/HIV is zero or extremely low.  However, my  first question is should I get tested anyways?  My concern would be "what if I had an abrasion on my penis that allowed fluid I did not observe to get in" . Same goes for my urethra.

Second, should I get an early detection HIV test (DNA/RNA based) after two weeks?
Third, what about early tests for herpes or other STDs?
Fourth, how long should I wait before resuming normal sexual activities with others?  I have no symptoms at this point but do not want to be reckless.

Thank you
Tags: HIV STDs herpes, help question