HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Risk from session with dominatrix

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Risk from session with dominatrix

Hello doctor,

One week ago, I had a session with a professional dominatrix (of unknown status) where the following occurred.

-She pinched my nipples with her fingernails extremely hard for long periods of time.  I didn't notice any bleeding afterwards, but I think the skin on the nipples did become broken, because the next day I noticed a large amount of scabbing on my nipples.
-She also used metal fingernail extensions to pinch my nipples very hard.
-While wearing lace panties, she sat on my face for long periods of time.
-She massaged my penis without a condom.
-She rubbed her bare breasts on my face.  My mouth may have been open and may have sucked her breast at some points.
-After placing a condom on my penis, she rode it while wearing her lace panties (i.e. dry humped).
-She placed a rubber gag (covered with saran wrap) in my mouth and a saran wrapped blindfold over my eyes.  It is possible that I may have bitten through the saran wrap while the gag was in my mouth.

I am aware that most of what I described is virtually zero-risk for HIV or STD transmission, but I am most concerned about the nipple pinching that caused scabbing on my nipples.  I am worried this may have some HIV or STD transmission risk associated with it, if there was transmission after the skin on my nipples broke, from either her fingernails or perhaps whatever residue may have been on her panties when she sat on my chest.

Please advise if I am at any risk for HIV or any STD transmission due to this encounter.  Thank you very much for your time and advice.
Welcome back to the fourm.

Like your other two questions -- on this forum earlier this year and a couple years ago on the STD forum -- you continue to be unnecessarily worried about exposures that carry no risk of transmission.  Here is all you need to know to protect yourself against HIV, as well as against all STDs:  if a bare penis (no condom) does not enter another person's vagina, rectum or mouth, there is no risk of infection.  If you simply keep that in mind, it shouldn't be necessary to keep spending hard-earned dollars on this forum or any other expert advice about exposures that don't include those activities.

In other words, your self-assessment is exactly correct:  "I am aware that most of what I described is virtually zero-risk for HIV or STD transmission".  (With a minor correction:  you can delete "virtually".  There was no risk at all.)  Assuming you haven't had other sexual exposures that could have put you at risk, my recommendation is that you not be tested for HIV or anything else, and that if you have a regular partner, you continue unprotected sex with that person.

I hope this is helpful.  Please do your best to understand and believe what I  said above and avoid the temptation to seek professional advice from such obviously zero risk events.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD