HIV - PREVENTION
FORUM
Rubbing Vagina with penis-Risk of HIV
by PaulSmith, Jul 15, 2006
Last Wednesday I met an escort.
She gave me brief oral without a condom, and then as she lay on the bed on her back I was rubbing the tip of my penis against the opening of her vagina WITHOUT a condom on for about 45 seconds - 1 minute max.
Then she put a condom on me and she got ontop and we had sex for about 10 minutes before I climaxed.
When she got off from ontop of me I noticed that there a couple of streaks of blood on the condom which freaked me out. I checked the condom thoroughly and it was totally intact and not broken.
The thing that is worrying me is the possibility of any blood paasing onto me while I was rubbing my penis against her vagina unprotected. The were no open lesions or cuts on my penis.
The risk of HIV is totally freaking me out.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Paul
Answer:
Relax.  Genital apposition, without penetration, is not known to be an HIV risk. Blood on the skin is not a significant risk.

Consider the astronomical odds in your favor:  Chance your escort had HIV, perhaps 1%.  Chance of transmission if you had unprotected intercourse, if she was infected, 1 in 2000.  For argument let's say apposition without penetration is 10 times less risky than intercourse (that's probably a big overestimate).  The odds you have acquired HIV from this event calculate as 0.01 x 0.0002 x 0.1 = 0.0000002.  Thats 2 in 10 million, or 1 in 5 million.  The real risk probably is lower than that.  Hardly worth freaking out.  From a medical or risk perspective you don't need testing.  Just carry on with your life.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Member Comments (6)
by PaulSmith, Jul 16, 2006
Thank you for the prompt response doctor much appreciated.
You mentioned HIV is not transmitted through contact with skin... But my foreskin was actually pulled back while I was rubbing against her vagina... Would it be possible that a small amount of blood could have got through my urethra that way??
by who_is_this, Jul 16, 2006
No.  Just in case he doesn't answer you.  

As Dr. HHH says so often, the chance you'll be hit by lightening is far greater.  Or your chances of winning the lottery this week.
by cutie kitty, Jul 27, 2006
same thing happend to me and  my boyfriend  i was on back and he started rubbing on my vigina i was for about 1 min than we had un safe sex for about 15 min and he pulled it out and he had blood on his penis . his hiv came out negtive.
by nordic101uk, Oct 15, 2006
About 3 weeks ago I met an old friend for a sexual encounter.
I gave her oral and brought her to orgasm, anyway, after she did orgasm, I was then rubbing the tip of my penis against the opening of her vagina WITHOUT a condom on for about 4 - 5 minutes max. i did not penetrate her vagina.

The thing that is really worrying me is the possibility that i may have contracted HIV from this experience. The were no open lesions or cuts on my penis. The risk of HIV is totally freaking me out as i am beginning to feel rather un-well, fever etc. My friend has assured me that she is 'disease free', however, i am starting to panic, Where do i stand?.

Thank you in advance for your response.
by nordic101uk, Oct 15, 2006

Thank you in advance for your response.
by sportgal17, Nov 10, 2008
A related discussion, girl on girl risks was started.
by rajpriyasorry, May 15, 2009
A related discussion, about the sex. was started.