HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Sperm and Massage

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Sperm and Massage

Dr I'm sorry for asking another question but I was wrong with my time frame and I want to be sure I get the correct answer. I went to get a massage and the masseuse massaged my back and legs for about 10 minutes and then she began to rub my hands but I forgot I had a scratch from the previous day and she rubbed my hands pretty hard and my cut started to bleed. I'm hoping due to her massaging me for 10 minutes that any previous fluids would be dead or off her hands before she rubbed my cut. Do you think I need to get tested or will I be fine.  
This makes no difference; the previous response from Dr. Hook still applies.  You are not at risk of HIV from the events described and do not need testing.  The biological reasons (e.g. whether drying of secretions will kill HIV within 10 minutes) don't matter.  Nobody in the world ever caught HIV from events like you describe, and you would not be at risk even if the masseuse (or a previous massage customer) had HIV.  Period, no exceptions.  Do your best to ignore any other "what if" or "yes but" questions that come to mind.  There is no further information you can provide, or that your anxious mind may think of, that would possibly change the opinions and advice you have already had.

Also please note MedHelp's rule that allows a maximum of 2 questions every 6 months on each of the professionally moderated forums (see Terms and Conditions).  Before next October, any new ones would be deleted without reply and without refund of the posting fee. This rule is intended to prevent domination of forums by anxiety-driven questions.

Regards--  HHH, MD