HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Very worried about HIV transmission

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Very worried about HIV transmission
Dr Doctor,
I met a guy who the HIV status is unknown.  We did hugging and kissing which the risks of HIV transmission seems minimal.  However, I received unprotected oral sex and also he “sat” on my genital for around 10 seconds. There was no penetration; my genital was still outside of his body. Just that I think my genital touched (or may have touched) the opening/ lining of his anus.  This makes me very worried. As the scenario only happened few days ago, i shouldnt mention the cold and flu symptoms developed after that.
Is HIV transmission possible?  Am I at risk from the scenario? Please kindly advise. Thank you very much for your help.  
Welcome to our Forum. The contact you describe did not put you at risk for HIV, even if your partner had HIV (which is statistically unlikely unless there is something you have not told me about him).  His sitting on you and contacting your genitals did not put you at risk for HIV.  Further, receipt of oral sex from him is not known to be associated with HIV risk either.  There are no proven cases in the scientific literature in which HIV has been shown to be transmitted be receipt of oral sex from an infected partner.

I would not worry about this exposure and see no reason for testing related to it.

I hope my comments are helpful. EWH
Dear Doctor EWH,
Thank you very much for your professional comments.I was worried so much because it seems to me that his secretions from his opening of the anus from his sitting on me may have contacted with my genitals and it seems to me that transmission may be possible in such a way even there is no penetration.  I am sorry for my question again.  I just want to forget about the exposure. thank you very much.
I repeat, no risk, even if his anal (or genital secretions) got on you.  Please let me point out to you that mutual masttubation, in which is is typical for partners to get each others' secretions on one another, has NEVER been shown to transmit HIV.  You are worried about something that you are worried MAY have happened by someone whos infectious status you do not know.There is just no reason for you to worry related to the events you describe. EWH
Thank you very much. Doctor EWH.