HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Vibrator in Rectum Dildo in mouth

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Vibrator in Rectum Dildo in mouth

7 weeks ago I saw two dominatrixes in a single session. During the session one of them put a vibrator up my rectum while i simultaneously sucked on a dildo. I do not know if their was a condom on the vibrator nor do I know if it was disinfected before being used on me. There was no condom on the dildo. I know for a fact that they have used the vibrator on gay males in the past. However, during my session I was the only one it was used on. What was the risk level of catching hiv from this experience of catching HIV? Could I have caught any STDs such as HIV from sucking on the dildo and having the vibrator stuck up my rectum?
Your risk is low although in the future you can further reduce your risk by making sure that any sex toys you use have been cleaned and dried between use.  HIV does not survive well outside of the human body and dies very quickly when exposed to air or drying.  AS for your specific exposures:

Sucking on the dildo - no risk.  If the dildo had been taken directly from an infected person and put in your mouth, you risk would still be much lower than the 1 in 10,000 risk associated with oral sex on an infected person. In your case, the dildo had been exposed to air and drying, further reducing the risk. This was a no risk exposure.

As for the vibrator, again, very, very low risk for the same reasons.  Rectal sex and sexual manipulation carries with it a higher risk for HIV acquisition than oral or vaginal sex but in the situation you describe it is still very, very low for the same reasons.  The virus would not be expected to survive drying and cleaning. The amount of time between partners would be sufficient for any virus to die.

This was a safe exposure. No testing for HIV or other STDs in needed.  EWH
I do not know if she cleaned it or not. I just know that I was the only one who it was used on in the session. Thank you for your prompt reply
I was worried because my tongue looks like it has oral hairy leukoplakia. Can it occur this early during a possible hiv infection 7 weeks after possible exposure?
One last time.  No risk.  Time to move on. No further "could it be" questions please.  EWH
Dr. Hook,

I know I posted on this before but I left out a couple of other things I was concerned about. I did have a negative rapid test recently (6 weeks and 6 days after exposure). However, there were still some questions I forgot to ask. The dominatrix did sit on my face. Is it possible for vaginal fluid to infect with hiv via the nose? I also had nipple clamps put on me as well. Is it possible to infect via used nipple clamps? Waht are the hiv infection riks of having someone sit on the face?

I am concerned because I have what one dentist called leukoplakia on my tongue. I was ondering if this would occur this early in hiv infection. I have also had severely dry skin the last two weeks, no appetite, and chronic diarrhea, and I also feel like I am wasting? Could these things occur this early in hiv infection?
No, no, no.  Your anxiety is out of control.  No risk.  Further questions will be deleted without comment.  EWH
Dr. Hook,

I got a test last Tuesday which was at 8 weeks 3 days. It was a rapid test which they did for 15 minutes. It came up negative. How many more tests do you advise I take?
None.  EWH