HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Vomit
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vomit

Dear dr.
I am a person that panics if a bleed an vomit. Yesterday I shaved and cut myself and threw up on my bleeding cut. I have eaten at a Resturant an hour earlier. Is It a risk?
300980_tn?1194933000
Welcome to our Forum. This, as well as your last post suggest that you do not have a clear understanding of how HIV is transmitted from person to person.  HIV is adults is transmitted ONLY through unprotected genital or ano-genital intercourse and through injection of infected material deep into tissue.  The exposure that you describe has no conceivable risk for HIV and should not concern you.

I should also remind you that we request that clients ask no more than two new questions to us on these forums in any 6 month period so that others will have access to the site.  You may ask a follow-up question to the question you asked above however.

I hope this reply is helpful.  EWH
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers