HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Worried about potential HIV risk/exposure
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Worried about potential HIV risk/exposure

A few days ago, I met a guy at a party and we ended up engaging in sexual activity. I received unprotected oral sex from him for about 2 or 3 minutes, at which point i started to finger his anus (he was the bottom). We used a condom and it did not rip or tear...the thing that has me worried is that after we finished, after i took off the condom, he put my penis into his mouth and licked whatever was left on it. There was a small friction/chafted spot on the head of my penis that had been healing and was closed before the incident. However, after the incident I showered off and I noticed that the spot looked irritated and there was possibly some skin breakage. No visible blood, however. I was totally not expecting him to do that. What is my HIV risk if he was HIV positive, between giving me head and living my penis (with the chafted spot) after sex? What is the possibility of transmission if he also had a small abrasion in his mouth? He said that he is clean, but it worries me that he would essentially "lick me clean" after knowing me for a short amount of time.

Also, I had some superficial cuts on my fingers from earlier the evening. The cuts seemed to only scratch the surface, as I did not bleed, nor did the area get inflamed. Is there any possibility of transmission through these if blood was present on/in his anus?