HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Worry

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Worry

I had protected sex with a CSw and used vasiline as lubricant, the condom did not break. I noticed some blood on the condom and some on the base of my penis. I carefully removed the condom using a tissue to support the base and the wiped the small stain of blood from the base of my penis with a towel over the length of my penis to the tip. What is my risk?
Welcome to our Forum. The encounter that you describe carries no risk for HIV.  Even before we consider the exposure, it is important to point out that few persons, even few commercial sex workers have HIV.  Even in the unlikely circumstance that your partner had HIV, condom protected sex is safe sex with virtually no risk for HIV.  That you used Vaseline as the lubricant was not wise since Vaseline can increase your risk of the condom breaking but your condom did not break and therefore did its job.  Further, that you may have gotten a small amount of her blood on your skin surface does not place you at risk for HIV either.

You need not worry about the events you have described and have no medical need for testing related to it.  

I hope my comments are helpful. EWH
Thank you spool loop much!