HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
accutane and hiv duo test

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

accutane and hiv duo test
good morning dr. hook. i had a negative duo test 29 days after my last exposurem. what effect would accutane for acne have on the result or window period? i have been using it since november 2011 and only recently discovered it can be used to treat certain skin cancers. thanks once again. is it an immuno suppressant drug?
Welcome to our Forum.  It is my pleasure to encourage you to believe your test results.  Acutane is not an immunosuppressive drug and there is no reason to worry that use of acutane would delay the availability of reliable test results.  

I hope you find this good news.  Your 29 day test results are reliable. EWH