HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
am I safe

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

am I safe
had unprotected sex with married neighbour  on 2 sep 2010. She had last sex with her husband on 21 July after which he left for a business tour.... He was back on 3 sep had unprotected sex with her... after wards he told her that he had protected sex at ***** house on 12 agust on tour and June 30, 2010. He went for HIV test on 6 sep.which was negative...
Is me or my neibour at risk for 2 sep deed. I can assure you that we both are negative before 2 sep.
The point is that for sure he didn't had sex with her from 21st july to 3 sep. And she too didn't had with anybody from 21st July 2010 till 2sep(with me). Her husband tested negative on 6 sep. am I safe? I really regret my act
Your question really comes down to could your partner's husband have acquired HIV and infected her in such a way that you became infected through her interactions with her.    The answer, as I understand the details you have provided is no. Her husband was negative and unlikely to have acquired HIV, therefore, since the two of you also know that you do not have HIV, there is no reason for concern.  EWH
Docs thanks. But i just wish to clear myself that undergiven circumstances is peroid from him conacting her last 21july till my contact 2sep, safeguards me (given his 6 sep sure -test). Also if she has not contacted anybody else from 21st july till 2 sep , should that despel all my doubts?
Just forget to ask last that if  30 june encounter of Her hubby was safe???? then his 12 agust encounter risk her on 3sep? But not me , on 2sep? I am worried because I am also married... and needs to confirm ...
You need to more accurately and more clearly state your question, including the time periods that concern you. EWH