HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
doctor please help

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

doctor please help
Doctor I asked the question regarding kissing the trangender ,and you said there is no risk even if I have gingivities but im still worried I lost my appetite Im never hungry and my stomach hurts and the pain only goes away when I burp .my lower back also hurts could all these be signs that I did get infected and I need testing I still am coughibg doctor please help?
I agree with the responses you had from Dr. Hook.  This additional information doesn't change anything.

HIV is never transmitted by kissing, regardless of gingivitis or other sores in the mouth, and your symptoms are not even close to those expected in someone with a new HIV infection.  If your symptoms are at all related to the kissing event, it is the result of anxiety about it -- but definitely not HIV.

Do your best to accept the reassurance you have had from both me and Dr. Hook.  There will be no further comments or discussion about it.

HHH, MD
The reaspm I am scared doctor is because I did have the flu 4days after exposure I went to my doctor 3 times and he says there is no risk he sais I need no testing but I did google searching and the cdc says there is a risk I dont know what to think im scared...SORRY doctor for bothering you again
Well, I guess you're just going to have to decide whether to trust the scientific evidence and advice from respected experts, or the unprofessional information you found in a google search.
You are right doctor thank you for your time my anxiety.is just on me ..i believe u doctor