HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
help me please

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

help me please

Met up with a guy that I found online.
He claimed to have been bisexual and did not normally engage in sex with people online. He said he was negative and had his regular 'homeboys' that he messed with. However, he said it had been since August.
When he came over, we talked about some of his encounters since the guys that he would meet were mainly straight and married.
We had a little beer, but we were not buzzed nor drunk to hinder what we would engage in.
I had him massage my *** cheeks as I wrapped my arms around him.
He then was on top of me as I was laying down.
He started to finger me pretty fast and stretching my cheeks apart. It did feel a little painful.
When he stood up, his finger had some blood.
He then humped me with his jeans on.
He had me sniff some popper which I was not familiar with. It made my heart rate go up, but was still knowing what was going on.
I had him put on a condom as I sucked him.
He then wanted to engage in anal sex. So he used lube and I used lube on my own self. He was inside of me for about a min or less. He then ejaculated on me and I touched it. If you can please answer the questions below to help ease my anxiety. I did go in for testing last Tuesday. This incident occured on Mar. 12. I tested negative in the antibody test and are awaiting RNA results this week. I am nervous.

1. Because I had a wound from fingering (I assume?) and then I touched his cum and then my anus where the wound was, would this be a risk?  The wound was bleeding very small afterwards during my stool.

2. If he had cuts on his hand during fingering, is this a form of transmission?

3. If his cut was in his hand as he was placing lube on condom, is this a form of transmission?

Thank you very much. Happy Easter.
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll try to help. Your partner told you he did not have HIV and most probably that was the case- most people do tell the truth and the information that he provided to you was pretty detailed, making it more likely to be the truth.  It is not clear from your description if your anal sex was condom protected or not.  If not, this was the only part of the activities that you describe associated with risk for HIV.  Masturbation, even if the activity is so vigorous that it draws blood, is a no risk activity.  similarly, there was no risk for HIV from condom protected oral sex.

As for your specific questions:

No, HIV is not transferred from person to person through the transfer of infected material (blood or genital secretions) on a person's hands.  That there may have been a cut or wound present does not change this.

No.

No, this would not be a risk either.

I hope my comments are helpful.  Again, if the anal sex you mention was condom protected, then there is no reason for concern related to this exposure.   None of the other activities you describe are associated with risk for HIV.  EWH
Sorry Doctor. After protected oral sex, we used the same condom to have anal sex which didnt last more than two mins. It seemed intact when he pulled out and i turned back to look. I was on my stomach.. In fact, i even kept the condom to fill water in it to make sure it didnt have any holes.

So cuts with fingering either me or him or both is no risk?

I developed a small sore throat so my anxiety had gone thru the roof.

Thanks for your feedback.
If the condom appeared intact, it was.  When condoms fail, there is no doubt.

As I said above, no risk eoither way with masturbation (fingering)

EWH
Thank you Doctor. Last question:
If you were hAving ars symptoms, would your rapid test come back reactive?
If your symptoms were due to the ARS, your rapid test would be positve within a week of the beginning of symptoms.  EWH