HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
hiv

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

hiv
I went to a strip club and had 6 lap dances...i was clothed and she had a g-string. During the lap dances I used my hands to grab and rub just about everything butthocks/breasts but no fingering just the edges and perhaps the vagina thru the outside of g-string... my concern is that immidietly after payinh for the lap dances I rushed to the restroom and masturbated. It must have been less than 3 minutes after lap dances... withouth having washed my hands... keep in mind that my penis might have been a little bruised because I masturbate a lot. I don't remember if I had vaginal fluids on my hands before I masturbated maybe a small amount. What are my risk of aquiring hiv...p.s I might have picked my nose/rubbed eyes right after lap dances. Were I might have had some vaginal fluids if just a tiny bit I don't recall.
Welcome to the forum.

You are absolutely no risk for HIV from the events described.  The virus is never transmitted by hand-genital contact and cannot be caught by masturbation by an HIV infected partner, or personally, even if vaginal or other body fluids are used for lubrication.  The virus also cannot be transmitted by nose picking, eye rubbing, etc.  It is not sexually transmitted except by a bare penis (no condom) getting inside another person's vagina, rectum or (rarely) mouth.

So you need not be worried, should not be tested unless you are otherwise at risk, and can safely continune unprotected sex with any regular partner(s) you may have.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Thank you... I now know it's all in my mind. thank you for helping me put things in prespective.
You're welcome. I'm glad to have helped.