HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
hiv window period

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

hiv window period

Thanks Dr Hook ,I think i should pay for your hard work another time. I forgot one important point of my question, plese answer me. I suffered condyloma acuminatum (hpv) 3 months ago, and injected Interferon gamma (IFN-γ) every week until yesterday, and tested hiv negative 40 days after exposure during Interferon gamma injection.
Does the Interferon gamma injection affect the hiv window period?
Does the Interferon gamma make hiv window period longer? If longer, how long will the conclusive window period be?
I learened some blocking drug may delay hiv window period, does Interferon gamma belongs to blocking drug ?
Help me , it is so important to me.
Tags: HIV Window Period, Interferon gamma
You are continuing to worry unnecessarily.  Both Dr. Hook on this forum and Dr. Gonzalez-Garcia on the international forum repeatedly and strongly reassured you that your test results are valid.  No drugs alter the window period or other aspects of HIV test reliability, with the theoretical exception of potent chemotherapy or immunosuppressive drugs.  Even with these drugs, the problem is theoretical only, with no reported actual cases of altered HIV test results.  Interferon has no effect.

It's time to start ignoring any and all additonal "what if" or "yes but" thoughts that come to mind.  There are no circumstances that will alter the advice you have had.  Do your best to accept the strong, science based reassurance (now from three of us!) and move on with your life.

HHH, MD
Can you answer each question individually? I can't understand your answer beacuse of my bad english.
thanks very much.
Does interferon gamma belong to  potent chemotherapy ?
Surely you understood "Interferon has no effect" on HIV testing.  The answer to all three questions is NO.
Thank you so much. The last question to confirm, Does  "Interferon has no effect" mean  I can receive a 100% reliable antibody test result after 8weeks? Are you sure? Thank you!  
What do you think, given my last comment plus my previous advice that "It's time to start ignoring any and all additonal 'what if' or 'yes but' thoughts that come to mind.  There are no circumstances that will alter the advice you have had"?????

Suck it up and move on.  Any more such nonsense will result in immediate deletion of the entire thread.