HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
is a light stool an indicator of HIV?
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

is a light stool an indicator of HIV?

I have never had unprotected vaginal sex with a partner who was not tested, and I do not use intravenous drugs, but recently I've been making lighter stools (not yellow light, kind of just like the color of baby poop...with a yellow-green tinge, and softer)  I asked my mom about it and she says that it happens to her too, and that it's normal, but she's not a doctor.  I usually have very hard brown stools, and now they're suddenly softer and lighter.  I have no other weird symptoms, but I looked online and it said it could be a symptom of AIDS or Hepatitis.  I don't know how I would have contracted either!  What do you think this is actually an indicator of?