HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
is this a risk of HIV

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

is this a risk of HIV

hi doc ,
Please help me in assessing my exposure

Eighteen  days ago i had a girl in my hotel room to do a massage body to body one, i was naked and she was in her lower underwear, during the session , we did not have any sexual relation of any kind(no oral, anal, vagina or mouth kissing,,, 100% sure), she was only rubbing her body against mine while she was wearing her underwear, and we didn't do any sexual activity of any kind, during the massage i felt some fluid slipping on my anus, and she also massaged my penis with no ejaculation, the girl was offering me some pleasure with her which gave me an impression that she is not only a massage girl, and i realized that she is a sex worker , which increased my worries and anxiety

The followings are my major concerns:

 During the body rubbing if there  were  some skin problem in both of us (eg pimples,  acnes' , boil , carbuncles  etc ) and they  puncture and the body fluid is then exchanged (NOTE: i was having  some   thing like a boil or carbuncles ’”the one with white tip””  in the lower part of my abdomen

 I haven't seen any blood but I can't be sure there were none, which could meet the Condition of body fluid exchange

 I did not kiss her, but my lips touch some of her outer skin with some scratches on my lips .

 what if during the massage session her underwear slipped a little bet and vagina fluid  or any other fluid  came in contact with my body and find its way to the anus , pennies or the boil  carbuncles  etc

Q- can this transfer  the  HIV to me?(i have heard that HIV could transfer through wound and un healthy skin ).

Q- does any  body fluid could pass through that boil or carbuncles, e.g her breast milk, blood from non  seen wound, vaginal fluid etc )

Q- do i need  testing?

Q- can I have  un protected sex with the wife?

Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be pleased to provide some information,  Before we deal with your specific questions, let's deal with the basics.  HIV is transmitted in adults ONLY through penetrative sexual contact or through infection of infected material DEEP into tissues.  It is not transmitted on inanimate objects (bed sheets, toilet seats, counter tops, etc), through kissing (even French kissing with exchange of saliva) or through touching, even if there are rashes. cuts, sores or abrasions present.  Thus I can say with confidence that the exposure that you report did not put you at risk for HIV, there is no reason for concern and you do not need testing related to this exposure. With this as background, let's deal with yoru specific questions>

No, even if you each had skin rashes, this sort of contact would not put you at any risk for infection. The rubbing that went on does not change this.

Again, no.  Had there been breast milk, saliva, genital secretions or material from a wound or carbunce which came into contact with you, there is still no risk for HIV.

Q- do i need  testing?
No, there is no need for testing.

Yes, you should not worry that you acquired anything through the activities that you have described which might keep you from having sexual contact with your wife.

I hope you find my comments helpful.  EWH

Thanks a lot doc
The exchange of body fluid theory fuel the worry, and you advice not to count on it, and even if the pennies touch outer skin like in massaging will not be dangerous, or coming in contact with saliva or other fluid etc
As I said, there is nothing you described that makes HIV transmission a possiblity.  Nothing to worry about. EWH
thx doc , Bur as you know in massage sessions a lot of rubbings, touching and scratching, you don't know from where things and what things might get inside you,( penetration oral anal vaginal are excluded) (opedn mouth kissing is excluded but there was touching the lips by her out skin) plus the risk of any blood or fluid that might came out due to any reason from her and went to my body through any skin mal integrity

, when I want to put this subject behind me ,some idea bob up and reload the whole story again
You need to stop overthinking this.  Repeating what I already know about massage and that friction occurs with rubbing will not change my assessment or answer.  It sounds to me as though you are feeling more guilty about this than anything else.  Repeating yourself will not change my answer.

It is time for this thread to end.  Take care. EWH