HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
kissing

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

kissing

i been french kissing a girl for awhile and today i frenched kissed her with a cold sores on the corner of my mouth. i havnt anything else with her. she just called me and told me she has hiv and had for awhile. can i get hiv from french kissing her with sores on my mouth?we was using tongues . she said that she been on meds but been off of them for about 3 months. does that make it easier for me to get? can you get any std from kissing her?
Welcome to the Forum. there are no instances in which HIV has been shown to be transmitted by kissing, including French kissing- even if a cold sore is present.  You have no reason to be concerned about your episode of kissing and no reason to test related to it.

There are no STDs which are typically transmitted by kissing

As for your other question- it has been proven in sceintific studies that persons who are taking effective treatment for HIV are much less (95%) less likely to transmit HIV to sex partners than person with HIV who are not on treatment.

I hope this answer is helpful to you.  EWH
would it be safe to keep kissing her? if her saliva get into the cold sore which i noticed that was bleeding a little  does that matter?if she had a std in her mouth like gonnahea or anything else could i get it through french kissing her?

THANKS
the doctor gave me 2g of azithromycin 4 pills take all at once. just incase if she had a std in her mouth it 2 hours after she kissed me will the meds still work 2 hours after she kissed me? is that to soon to take meds?
Taking the meds was a waste of time since there was no risk.  EWH
would it be safe to keep kissing her? if her saliva get into the cold sore which i noticed that was bleeding a little  does that matter?if she had a std in her mouth like gonnahea or anything else could i get it through french kissing her? would the meds work that soon if they was a risk

THANKS
These are repetitive questions. Please read my original replies.  There is no risk from kissing her. EWH
if i would take a hiv test would any kind of medication mess up the hiv test? i been taking different kinds of antibotic (antibiotic) for pneumia and prostate problems

ask question thanks
No.  EWH