HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
lower lobe pneumonia/ symptoms?
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lower lobe pneumonia/ symptoms?

Dr's,
I take HIV/ STD tests yearly.  My last 1 was a few months ago & all was negative. The window in that line of testing was 7 weeks past the last intercourse activity (I should have waited another week to be at 8 wks). It was unprotected with a woman I know (non-drug user, in her 40's, works with me).

About a month ago, I had cunninglingus & mutual masturbation with another woman, I recently met. About 2 weeks ago, I had a very short duration of PROTECTED sex, along with cunninglingus & mutual masturbation (no oral from her) with this same woman. She sort of bothered me though, she wanted me to take the condom off & ejaculate inside of her (I didn't). She is not a drug-user, & is in her mid 30's, with children. She says she does HIV/ STD testing yearly, & she is due up for her next physical, but has always been clean in the past. She says that she rarely uses condoms, but has only been with maybe 5 or 6 people in the last few years. Almost always, I use condoms.

I try not to pay any attention to symptoms & all, but my chest was hurting, coughing alot, etc, went to the doc, had x-rays done and was told that I had "lower lobe pneumonia".  I was a little shocked, to be honest & have never heard of it either.  Also, I do smoke cigarettes.  I did some reading on this & it usually comes w/ the symptoms of very high fevers, etc of which I never had any.  Just the coughing up mucus & sore chest area, but I am sure my smoking isn't helping that either. She prescribed Levaquin (10 days).

My questions would be, considering that I only went 7 wks vs. 8 wks for my last HIV testing (again, a few months ago, unprotected), & the recent protected event (except for the cunninglingus) that I had, should I be in worry of any HIV and/ or STD's from either of those?

Is lower lobe pneumonia any indication of a seroconversion window? or any other STD?

Does Levaquin treat any STDs (just in case)?  If so, which ones?