HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
need assistance please

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

need assistance please

I have been diagnosed with hpv in my rectum and herpes 1. I believe I do not have any visible outbreaks. I had a guy I met online over and I performed oral sex with a condom. He then had me sniff "poppers" which was my first time. My heart was beating faster but I was aware of what was going on. He then turned me over and just inserted the tip of his penis inside of me......lasted for 1 min or less.....my concern is whether the condom had a small hole from when I was sucking him with it on.....he did not cum inside me.....another thing was I have not had sex in more than a year, so when he was initially fingering me I saw blood on his finger....didn't get to see if it was from my rectum or a cut on his hand.....he said it was from my rectum....the sheets were a little dirty.....sorry for being very descriptive. please help! he said he was clean!
Welcome to the Forum.  I would not worry about condom failure in the events you describe.  When condoms fail they break wide open leaving no doubt that they have failed.  If your condom appeared intact, it was.

As for the blood you describe, this could have been from a hemorrhoid or trauma from your partner (such as a finger nail as you suggest).  Further, since your partner said he was not infected so he probably was not (although in the future it might be a good idea to ask partners WHEN they were lest tested).  I would not worry that your anal HPV modifies your risk for infection.  

The overall risk from the encounter you describe is quite low.  I hope my comments are helpful. EWH
1. would you notice if the condom was broken? I actually placed water inside of it, and found no holes....

2. the finger.....what if it was a cut? would I be more at risk since I have hpv?
when I did wipe there was residue of blood. thanks
I just examined myself...and it looks like I have a small cut.....probably could've been his nail since he was pressuring it without any lube...
Woild you test? In my case, where would i have placed myself at risk?
If his unprtected penis was inside your rectum (at all), screening for common STDs at this site may be a good idea.  If all of the sex was protected, I do not see a need to test. EWH
i rubbed his cum over my body and then fingured myself with the wound in my rectum....is this a risk? Since i have hpv and i was bleeding ?....or the virus is dead
No, the contact of your body with his ejaculate is not a risk, with or without your HPV and bleeding.  EWH
Well i had rubbed it with the same hand that i used to finger myself so am scared that the cum could get in the wound
No change in my assessment.  EWH
The wound was probably half the size of my pinky...
i just examined myself again and it seems like there are two small gashes....its a little painful.....is that part of the skin delicate so fingernails could case this?
cause*...looks a little deep
Is it true that the virus is dead as soon as it gets outnof the system?..
We limit the numbers of follow-up to questions so that we can address the concerns of others in the limited time and space available. Your anxiety-driven questions have now far surpassed this so this will be my final answers. Further questions will be deleted without comment.

My assessment has not changed.  The virus dies very quickly upon leaving the human body and exposure to the environment.  How quickly depends on the circumstances.  None of this however in any way modifieds the assessment and advice you have already received.

the thread is no over.  EWH