HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
please help... i am going crazy

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

please help... i am going crazy

I had protected vaginal intercourse with two CSW back in 2005, i am not proud of that, I do not remember experiencing any HIV early symptoms post exposure, Not sure thou, However in the past five months after my wife give birth to our third baby; I have been having sore throats, enlarged tonsil’s that never goes away- I went to a ENT and told me that I have chronic tonsils infection because smoking-, flu with high temp 99 - 100, I remember having diarrhea that lasted for one day, my wife have had two virginal infections and my new baby seems to have stuffy nose all the time and now he is having an ear infection.
My questions are what was my risk, do i need to get tested and dose this sounds like HIV.
Thanks for your help.

Now i am going crazy, my wife was hospitalized yesterday for having Pneumonia. i am in living hell, i tried to post in the DR forum but it always says that the forum has reached its daily limits. please helppppppppppp i do not know what to do, i do not care about myself any more the thing that kills me every sec that i might passed this ( HIV ) to my wife OMG.

i do not live in states
You are overreacting in a big way.  The odds you caught HIV from the exposures you describe are almost zero.  Occurence of pneumonia in an otherwise healthy person is almost never a sign of HIV.  (Most HIV infected people who get pneumonia have been seriously ill for several months before pneumonia appears.  Pneumonia out of the blue does not suggest HIV.)  The "vaginal infections", diarrhea, gingivitis, sinusitis, and your self-diagnosis of enlarged lymph nodes probably are meaningless as well.

As to your comment below, whenever a person suspects his or her own symptoms are due to anxiety, s/he usually is correct.

Obviously the answer to your fears is for you to have an HIV test.  You can expect negative results.  In the meantime, try to think objectively; with a little effort, you can reduce your own anxiety level.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Relax,

I'm not a doc but protected means that there is virtually zero risk.
i forgot to mention that during the past five months i had gingivitis with slightly enlarged lymph nodes"both side in my nick"  i also had sinusitis few weeks a go .followed my flu, in which my nose was completely blocked it lasted more than two weeks.

thanks

sometimes i said my symptoms might be because of strss and thinkin too much about HIV, but what about my wife!!!
Go to any hospital ER and ask for an HIV test and that should clear your mind you will get the result on the spot 20 mins. She is probably just sick.
I think when woman are pregnant they get tested for HIV. not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure
VVSG is correct. HIV testing is routine in pregnancy.  Probably your wife was tested.  She would have been told if it had been positive.
thank you VVSG for your comments, and many thanks to you DR for you quick response; you do not know how your words helped to ease my mind, the thing is i have been trying to test but i do not have the guts to do so. i love my wife and i love my kids and i can not imagine something bad happening to them not to mention if its because of my foolish acts. by the way i do not believe they run HIV test for pregnant women in my country.  
Sam,

I wish I was in your shoes and I could just go and get tested to be clear of all this anxiety. Don't prolong it any longer, you had PROTECTED sex so your result will be negative.
DR

Can you please explain/define what did you by "Most HIV infected people who get pneumonia have been ""seriously ill"" for several months before pneumonia appears"

thanks
Good grief.  You are splitting hairs.  Sick enough to know you were sick.

You came here for reassurance.  I gave it.  Accept it and stop trying to talk me (and yourself) into believing you caught HIV.  You did not.  This is not an online counseling service.  This thread is over.  If you post any more anxiety-induced "yes but" or "what if" questions, I will delete the entire thread without response.