HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
question about possibility of increased risk
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

question about possibility of increased risk

I asked a question last month about risk of hiv from performing oral on a man- no ejaculation in my mouth-precum I am not sure -because I have some badly decayed teeth in the back of my mouth. That question was answered but I have another question about the same encounter. I have read that having chronic allergies can have an affect on your immune system that would increase your risk of hiv. I had chronic hives very badly from 2002-2004. Then was fine. Then had another skin allergies issue in 2007 that only lasted a few weeks. The encounter that I am concerned about happened in 2009 (I know, a long time ago.) Does my history with allergies have any affect on my risk? If so, how much? Or am I still at virtually zero risk from this encounter?
239123_tn?1267651214
This question could have been asked as a follow-up comment in your previous thread, without the fee for a new question.

Allergies have no effect on HIV risk.  Even if they did, it really wouldn't matter.  As discussed last time, your risk from the exposure you are concerned about was so low (zero, really) that nothing at all could ever elevate it to a significant level.

Please note that MedHelp permits no more than 2 questions every 6 months on each of the professionally moderated forums (see Terms and Conditions). This being your second in a few weeks, it will have to be your last before next November -- any before then would be deleted without reply.

Regards--  HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker