HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
still stressed
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

still stressed

I wrote in a few weeks ago - I am in good shape and healthy. I had unprotected sex with stripper in Toronto.  One and only time ever. Had negative HIV test @ 13 days, 21 days and now @ 69 days.  My doctor tells me not to worry.
I have a sore throat and tongue, sore neck but think I am being paranoid - thoughts?
Am I at risk of contracting HIV.
Thanks
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
Welcome back. But you were reassured in very strong terms by Dr. Hook and there isn't much to add.  As discussed then, you had a low risk exposure.  And a negatives antibody test more than 8 weeks after exposure proves you weren't infected.  Symptoms are meaningless in the face of negative testing; the test results always rule.  There is no chance you have HIV.

Your duplicate thread in the STD forum has been deleted.  Please also note the MedHelp rule that permits a maximum of 2 questions every 6 months in the professionally moderated forums (see Terms and Conditions).

Really, mellow out.  You should not be at all worried about these events.  All is well.

HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker