HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
unusual case has HIV risk?

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

unusual case has HIV risk?

Dear Dr,
Happy new year. This is my first question in the forum. I am male. Two day ago I met a sex worker in china. I only received oral sex. But I has hypospadias condition, it is congenital. Can this cause me to be infected with HIV?
And when I ejaculated, my eye is shot by my semen. Now I still felt my eye uncomfortable. I worry that her saliva which cover my urethral orifice or glans (glands) penis was carried into my eye. Can I be infected with HIV through the mucous membrane of eyes? Should I do a blood test? I am very anxious about this encounter.
Welcome to our forum.  I hope that you will find my comments helpful- this was a no risk event.  It is unlikely that your partner had HIV.  Even if she did, no one has ever gotten HIV from receipt of oral sex or from getting semen or saliva into their eye.  That you have hypospadius does not change this.  You need not worry and do not need testing.  EWH
Thanks for your comments. In china the prostitution is Illegal. So the sex worker had high health risk. If my partner has HIV positive, and a little blood in saliva, can this cause me to get HIV through penis or eyes? Even if the probability is low. but maybe I am the unlucky man. It is 100% for me if it is.
For STDs, was it possible to be intected? If I need STD test,  which tests are need?
There is no reason to worry about any STD and no need to test. EWH
I know you is tired of answering similar question, but I still ask you again. Any difference if  blood in saliva and saliva getting to eyes?
No!!!!

this will end this thread.  You need to move on.  EWH