HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
worried

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

worried

Hello Dr , I wanted to take some more doubts stay with you.
What is worrying me are my symptoms.
I confess to you that I have no more emotional to do more tests, unless it is necessary.
This was my last post where I reported my symptoms and my tests:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/Help-me-Drs/show/1933192?camp=27
I made a mistake of searching on the internet about my symptoms, and i was desperate. . My anxiety only worsened.
I researched about malabsorption and gave as one of causes hiv.
I researched about dry mouth and gave as one of causes hiv.
Dr, you told me that my tests were definitive, and I trust you.
How can you have these symptoms, and I've always been healthy?
God be with Dr.
You have my sympathy regarding your inability to accept that you do not have HIV following the exposure that you have not described but which apparently has left you quite embarrassed and troubled.  That however does not change the fact that your tests prove that you did not get HIV following that exposure.  You have proven this repeatedly – believe the test results.

Please remember that the symptoms sometimes linked to HIV are non-specific and occur with regularity in persons who do not have HIV as well.  When a person's symptoms and HIV test results do not agree, the test results are always right.  

I have several pieces of advice for you:
1.  Stay off the internet.  There is much information there which is misleading, taken out of context and sometimes plain wrong.
2.  Speak with a counselor or mental health professional about your guilt and concerns.  Such conversations are confidential and it is clear that you need help in working through your feelings.
3.  If the symptoms continue to trouble you, seek the advice of your doctor.  They are not caused by HIV- you do not have it.  This  has been proven.

I hope this helps.  EWH
Thank you Dr. has been very attentive to me.
These symptoms are worrying too much.
I am afraid of these tests are not sensitive and have missed something. Is this possible?
Is there any remote chance I still have this virus?
God be with Dr.
You are not infected.  Current HIV tests are amongst the best performing of all currently available laboratory tests.  EWH
Dr , then I can ignore these symptoms (even if they are worrying) , and move on with my life?
Even if appear new symptoms  worse (hopefully not) , I must move on without worrying about hiv?
Scientifically, it is not possible that these tests , with these time periods , lose the infection (if present) ? (God protect me)
Dr Stay with God, thank you for all the support and help.
Yes, if the only thing that makes the symptoms troublesome is your worry about HIV. then you can ignore the symptoms you are complaining about.  It they truely trouble you, then you need to see a doctor to find out what is really causing them.

You are not infected.  I will not repeat this.  This thread is over. EWH