HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
worry

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

worry

i am  27 years old male  i had sex with women 3 month ago and after that time i start having night swating. 2 weeks ago i had some of the hiv symptoms like swolling lymph and msucle pain. the sex was protact. i test 2 days ago my result is nigative. i want aske  which one come before the symptoms or the antinbody.
Welcome to our Forum. You did not get HIV from the exposure you describe.  An antibody test at 3 months would detect infection if you had.  The symptoms of the ARS typically begin 2-3 weeks following exposure and certainly would not be occurring at this late date.

The symptoms you describe are not due to HIV acquired 3 months ago.  In general, symptoms are a terrible way to evaluate risk for HIV.  EWH

Take care.  EWH
dr Hook
i start had night swating after the exposuer by to weeks i lost like 14 pound.
  what come first the symptom or the antibody
  thanks for ur time
Dr Hook
when she done i still not come and i ask her to take the candom then i start play with my pins to come. i am sorry for asking but i am realy worry and i am in streest now pleas help me  i loosed like 10 paund since  i have the symptoms. i did not like to eat and all the hiv  symptom i read about  i have it  i need to get out of this as soon as i can i have the  symptom for more then 2 weeks now
DR please give answer about which one come first the symptom or the antibody
NO change in my answer.  Read my answers.  Your symptoms have occurred long after your symptoms would have appeared if you had HIV.  Believe you blood tests.  EWH
Dr.Hook
i still have the symptom and i losed 20 paund now i have pain over all my body in my legs and hand and have swelling lymph for 5 week i test after the symptoms onst be 5 week oral test became neg. do u think i have to do more test or i need to do PSR test.. please give me your advice about....
This will be your last answer.  Your tests show that you do not have HIV.  You do not need a PCR test.  You can repeat your blood test if you wish and I promise you that it will be negative as well.

Your symptoms are due to something else. Talk abvout what this might be with your doctor but do not worry about HIV.  This ends this thread.  EWH
i did another test became neg
thanks for ur time