HIV, Living With Community
Atripla & depression

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

Atripla & depression

I've been on Tribuss an Atripla generic for a few days short of a month and I feel like a zombie, tired and not so motivated anymore. I suspect I'm feeling depressed. I don't want to go on anti-depressants if possible. How long will this feeling last?
give  it some time.  I don't want to scare you or anything, most people find it a great drug and i had lots of energy...

I am a woman and am pre menopausal so i am a bit moody lately anyways...
for me i was fine  for a few , 4 ? months, until the nightmares started and then a few months later i had horrible mood swings and yelled at everyone around the house about stupid things.  I stuck it out my labs were great!

then crying for no reason the felt  anxiety and then deep depression and wanted to crawl in a hole. i stopped it and my head cleared in a week and i was like whew!  back to myself.  bad trip for me but some are fine..