HIV, Living With Community
Atripla and depression

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

Atripla and depression

I am in sales and literally cannot afford to be depressed and unfocused. I have to start Atripla and Im concerned about these side effects.
Atripla is not a good choice then.
I dont know anything about Arv's. Any other names I can talk to my doc about that wont make me depressed? Btw when I raised the topic of side effects his response was "why am I even concerned about them. Dont I want to live?"
Sounds like you aren't going to an ID doctor. I suggest you find another doctor that listens. Complera is a lot easier drug to take and fewer side effects.
Thanks but I see its not available in Souh Africa yet.