HIV Cure Patent
I was diagnosed with HIV a few months ago.  Initially, it was a huge blow.  I'm afraid because I know the system is corrupt and I don't know if I'm being lied to.  Both my previous partners as well as some of their partners have told me that they are not HIV positive.  If there's a patent for the cure and this virus affects the gay community disproportionately, why should I believe that I'll start getting better once I start the medication.  How do I know that that's not when it BEGINS?  I know I sound extremely paranoid, but I also know that pharmaceutical companies aren't going to create a cure if they can profit much more with medications that "help" but don't cure the problem?

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=5676977.PN.&OS=PN/5676977&RS=PN/5676977
If you were diagnosed and are afraid of "the system" then go somewhere for a second opinion!  You are being very paranoid and if you really did get tested positive....its only a matter of time before you begin getting sick.  The doctors that diagnosed you arent going to be making their big bucks off of the medication you need to take...they are not in cohoots with "Big Pharma" and it would be VERY unethical to diagnose someone with such a serious illness and then "infect" them with a virus by prescribing medication that "begins" the cycle.  Go get check elsewhere....when you get a second opinion TAKE ACTION!