HIV, Living With Community
Kaletra and Truvada Side Effects

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

Kaletra and Truvada Side Effects

I'm on the combo Kaletra and Truvada for the past 4 years and now have bad Peripheral Neuropathy and a severe symmetrical rash on my arms and legs to go with it. The rash has been treated with steroids, antibiotics, and antihistamines for the last three months and does not go away. It is painful and driving me nuts to boot. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Here is a good story for your reading - http://www.aidsbeacon.com/news/2011/05/05/nerve-damage-is-still-a-common-complication-in-people-with-hiv-aids/
Avatar n tn
Thanks a lot for the article, it makes me feel a whole lot better knowing, at least, where the PN neuropathy is coming from.

Because my rash is symmetrically placed on my body the ER doc who told me it was coming from the PN, may have just thought that? I dunno. Probably should go to a neurologist.

I've smoked MJ for years, it definitely helps with superficial PN pain, but the deep burning and cramping never goes away. I'll try the capsaisin cream and see how that goes and get back here and let readers know (if their interested).