Rectal suppository and condom
Hi people! Perhaps it is a stupid question, but it annoys me. I'm HIV+ gay and have anal sex with men. I have hemmorhoids and use suppository 'Relief' to treat them. Often I have receptive anal sex only 1-2 hours after having used a suppository.
Some suppositories have a side-effect, and it is mentioned in their description - "using with condoms may cause condom failure". However, there are no words about interaction of my suppository with condoms in the medication description. Still, oil-based ingredients do present in it. Is there any risk of a condom failure and HIV transmission when using it with my suppository?
That is something you should talk with your Dr about. Anything oil based can cause a condom to weaken, that is why water based lube is recommended.
Thanks Vance. For my condoms didn't fail yet, I think I'm a lucky guy. Still you are right, it's better to consult a doctor.