HIV, Living With Community
Sex, Love and HIV

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

Sex, Love and HIV

I'm a HIV patient. I was diagnosed two years ago and I'm now under retro-viral treatment (Abacavir, 3TC Lamiduvina, and Efavirenz TM as known in my country), healthy, fit, high CD4 count, undetectable viral load.   Recently, I met a person, we kissed and we practiced oral sex on each other.  Eventhough I know my condition, and have always tried to avoid people practice fellation on me, he insisted and at the end I agreed.  Now, I am really concerned about him.  Could he have been infected?  Should I tell him to test for HIV? Guilt is just killing me.  I really care about this person and would like to have a serious relationship with him, eventhough I know I can't.  That's is the saddest side of HIV.
oral sex carries a very low to zero risk or aquiring hiv.  he did not get hiv from that exposure.

If you have any more questions regarding hiv risks fel free to post your questions in hiv prevention forum.
This is a forum for individuals who are HIV positive or have AIDS to connect and support each other.
I really can't see why you can't have e relationship with someone who is HIV negative. I'm HIV poz on medication  . Undetectable viral load . The guy you had oral sex with is probably  safer having safe sex and oral sex with than some one he dosnt know the status of.  Some newley infected  is very infectious.  You seem perfectly healthy. Don't let the HIV rule you're life. And choose who you want a relationship with   Be honest with the guy if he knows anything about HIV  he will know you're a very low risk to his health  but play safe  take care hope all goes well for you