Trying to cope and support
I just found out last night that my 18 year old son has been diagnosed. He has a viral load count of 480 and he is currently being treated with the drug Antripla, but lately he has been complaining of stomach pain and he has lost some weight. I want to support him and make sure he maintains his health. This is devastating and I have literally cried my eyes out all night and yes I know it is not a death sentence, but he is my only son and my heart hurts. What do I do to assist and support?
The most important thing you can do is be there for him.  Initially, my parents told me I was going to Hell; that was devastating.  We've come a very long way since then - 23 years ago - and my mom is my best friend.  I don't take Antripla, but I can say that the treatments today are light-years beyond what they were when I was diagnosed in 1988.  I've been healthy for the past 23 years - no HIV-related illnesses - and my viral load is undetectable.  I know it hurts, but you're right - it is NOT a death sentence.  
I found out about my son being positive 2 weeks ago, it looks like my life have ended,I know is not a death sentence but seeing him so hurt and depressed,is terrible,I put my best face in front of him but when I am alone
I cry all the time,as you have been here already, tell me if it will get better ,I am a cancer survivor,but nothing compare wuith this pain.