bleeding from throat/hiv
nih
I had few sexual encounters with escorts but all protective. But now I am worried because I see blood when I spit and my throat really feels dry and irritating. It only happens when I wake up in morning or after I take nap. I don't know whether it is due to the dryness in thraot or due to the hiv infection. Other than that i have no other problems. no fever, no sore throat or no pain. I I would really appreciate if anybody could help me out with this. I am really worried.

That doesn't sound like HIV. Listen, most escorts do not have HIV. This is because you HIRE them, and they get tested every once in a while. They're not prostitutes, but they do give that little *service*.

Now, your symptoms aren't suggestive of HIV/AIDS. If you cough up blood, then you really should get checked, it could probably be tuberculosis. It isn't very common, but it could happen.
The only way that a bleeding throat could be HIV-related, is if you had any sort of ulcers in your throat, and they would certainly not let you swallow easily. HIV related TB is not a possibility, unless you have AIDS already.

Also, remember you had protected sex. Your risk was VERY low.
nih
Thanks adam. it really relaxes me. the bleeding was only due to the dryness. Thanks once again.
I am new here but I thought I would add something. I have done alot of reading and alot of what I see are scared people repeating a lie over and over to try and make themselves believe it and thus feel better. Maybe even justify a lifestyle that lent to the condition you find yourself in.

I have heartfelt love and concern for someone who has contracted this horrible disease, but I have contempt for the people that come here to make themselves feel better by continually iterating comments like this these....... You had protected sex Your ok! It was only a BJ dont worry about it, you cannot get it that way!

Comments like this are made from people who are guilty of a promiscuous lifestyle in the past who believe and repeat the lie on a daily basis. The lie is that you can be premiscuous as long as you take the right precaution you will be ok. This is the lie. Much time and energy is invested in it here on these forums to make people feel better about their past. It disgusts me.
What lie?
I am one of those scared people and I can say from my perspective that I know what you are saying but don't agree.  Many of us have compassion for anyone who has HIV and would like to have compassion from people with HIV during our trying times.  We all know we are wrong but as I have done, we seem to put ourselves in these situations for some sick reason.

Please have more understanding.  God Bless you.
The bleeding is coming most likely from your gums. When sleeping you irritate the gums and you bleed and then spit blood. Thats why later after you wake up you dont find any beause they heel.
Adam you are an idiot , a little service. They are whores who screw for money just like common streetwalkers, dont delude yourself

I am 28 years old. Last week, my friend got food for me, which I consumed after five minutes. I had bleeding gums then. Later I realised that my friend has a cut of his finger. I am scared that some blood might have got into the food from my friend's finger and I might have consumed it. Assumming my friend has HIV, what are my chances of getting it in this manner? Please help me. I am so scared. Also, how long does HIV survive in dry blood?or can hiv survive in 5minutes outside its host?
well...gee lavo...thanks...I now feel like a wandering meatsack "hosting" some sort of unknown alien presence.  Just a lil google work will find an answer like this...but here ya go:
Question: How long can the virus live outside the human body?
Answer: The Human Immunodeficiency Virus is fragile. Once the virus is outside the body in a dry form, it dies immediately. Even in a wet state, it does not live long when exposed to heat, detergents, or disinfectants. When stored in blood banks at 4°C, it can live for about 3 weeks (or longer), or till the white cell disintegrates, but in a frozen state it can survive for years.