HIV, Living With Community
how can i gain weight

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

how can i gain weight

Im 511" i used to weigh 175 now that im hiv positive I find it difficult to surpass 160 witch is my current weight.  I want to look good as well as feel good,  what's the best way to do so.  You might say speak to a nutritionist,  but since were all in the Same boat, what's your way to gain weight as well as muscle mass.
A nutritionist and work out.
I'm in the same boat, darlin. Used to weigh 158 lbs and hit 132 this summer. All I can suggest is forcing yourself to east (at least that's basically what my doc said!) You can also try pot. :) Make sure you get enough protein in your day. whatever you ate when negative, DOUBLE it - and make sure you're taking a multivtamin every day. Centrum Silver or One a Day for 50+ / Seniors is what I recommend.