Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
483375 tn?1221061212
tattoos for hiv poz??
hi, just wondering if anyone has come accross this before.booked myself in to have a tattoo done yesterday.everything was going grand until i revealed my hiv status-the tattoeist refused to do the tattoo.i was very hurt and angry.i didnt have to tell the truth i couldve went in and said nothing but morally it wouldnt have sat with me.what annnoys me is any tom,**** or harry could be going in there with hiv and just not saying so.have i got legal rights here?is this discrimination??
Cancel
6 Answers
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It is definitely discrimination...however you can't do much at this point.  You definitely don't want an artist giving you a tattoo if he doesn't want to give it to you.  I think it was definitely right of you to tell the tattoo artist, as even though they wash the guns they use, it's good to know.  Unfortunately, the world is full of people who discriminate against others.  I'd go to another tattoo shop who won't have a problem giving you a tattoo.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
483375 tn?1221061212
thanks for the reply tommy.your dead right - i wouldnt let him do the tattoo if he begged me.im still pretty ticked off bout it tho.i emailed the equality authority of ireland on friday,so just waiting on them to get back to me.will keep you posted.god bless k
Comment
Cancel
483375 tn?1221061212
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
which tatoo artist was this tommy?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
483375 tn?1221061212
ur man in ballyfermot.do ye no him???
Comment
Cancel
483375 tn?1221061212
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
nope..thought it was in town
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I just experienced this myself a week ago I said the same things you did I did not press the issue with the artist but it does not change the fact I lost sleep over this it cuts like a knife,I felt rejected. I explained to him there's no telling how many other people he has been tatted by him an I felt it was only right to let him know my problem was how he backed away from the counter like if I breathed on him he would get it from me that was the hard part,I went to another shop an had no problem the artist who did my artwork said it was against the law for him to have told me no, he said it's like going into a doctor's office or hospital and being refused treatment.                  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
483375 tn?1221061212
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV, Living With Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank