HIV, Living With Community
treatment and side effects

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

treatment and side effects

I am 44 years old I  was a person with no health issues at all until I was diagnosed poz on Dec 2013, started treatment with atripla Jan 2013, which developed a bad allergic reaction apparently to the medication and my doctor switch my medication to truvada and Issentress, the side effect I am experiencing is retention of fluids on lower part of my legs around my ankles , calf and lately my feet, I have contacted my doctor since the symptoms started and his answer are not making me happy at all, first he said that if I can live with the condition it should not be problem, I was very disappointed with his answer he thinks I might be suffering from circulation problems, I had blood drawn twice already to check my liver and kidneys and the result are very satisfactory no problems everything is normal, doctor also told me to start using the special sock for people with circulation problems, the problem is getting worse and worse my legs and feet are starting to hurt and the swelling is very bad, I need some advice *** to what to do, HELP!!